Private developers shun BRE's EcoHomes scheme
A voluntary assessment scheme to encourage higher environmental standards in new housing is winning support from housing associations and builders of "affordable housing". But it has been largely ignored by volume house builders - including those who helped develop the standard in the first place.
The full text of this article is only available to current registered subscribers and free trialists.
- Surface water;
- Water resources, efficiency;
- Natural resources;
- Environmental management systems;
- Building Research Establishment;
- National House Building Council;
- English Partnerships;
- Housing Corporation;
- Westbury Homes;
- Movement for Innovation (M4i);
- Lodge Park Homes;
- Persimmon plc;