B&Q have been named Sustainable Business of the Year at Sustainability Live, which showcased energy, environment and sustainability achievements.
A number of companies have been acknowledged for pushing the boundaries of sustainable innovation at the Sustainability Live awards ceremony.
Hosted on 22 April, B&Q, AkzoNobel and Sainsbury's were among the winners of the awards, which recognised advancements in green technologies; excellence in energy and water management and outstanding company performances within the sustainability division.
A panel of industry experts and judges were tasked with selecting a winner for each of the 11 categories, narrowing it down from the 67 finalists entered. Categories focused on the contribution efforts, sustainability contributions and remarkable industry innovation achievements.
Notable winners from this year’s awards included:
B&Q, who were said to have been “head and shoulders above the rest” and were subsequently named Sustainable Business of the Year.
AkzoNobel, who claimed the Innovative Energy Efficiency Project award, a commendable praise for their efforts to demonstrate replicable energy savings and their commitment to grow their share of renewable energy usage to 45% by 2020.
Sainsbury’s and Global Action Plan - both were awarded with the Environmental Leadership Award for Organisational Behavioural Change. A credit to successfully implementing effective behaviour change strategies with their employees for the better of their company global footprints.
The full list of winners include:
- Environment Product / Service – 4Eco
- Environmental Leadership Award for Organisational Behavioural Change – Global Action Plan & Sainsbury’s
- Innovation Award for Environmental Technology – Desert Aquaponic Company
- Innovative Water Management & Efficiency – Yorkshire Water
- Sustainability Communications Campaign– HM Revenue & Customs
- Sustainable Business of the Year – B&Q (Highly Commended: Forest Centre)
- Energy Manager of the Year – Louise Hall of Asda Stores (Highly Commended: Gareth Williams of Northern Rail)
- Innovative Energy Efficiency Project – AkzoNobel Decorative Paints UK (Highly Commended: L&Q)
- Innovative Award for Energy from Waste – NVP Energy
- Environmental, Health & Safety Skills Development – O’Donovan Waste Disposal Energy Product / Service – Lontra
- Outstanding Contribution to the Energy Industry – Terry Casey of Intellastar Europe
Click here to search for the latest environment and sustainability jobs.