The policy landscape is continually changing but the ENDS Report has got your back. Here are five key deadlines coming up in the next few weeks.
- SEPA consultations on sector plans close. The Scottish Environment Protection Agency is consulting on draft sector plans defining their approach to regulating nine sectors: dairy processing, dairy production, crop production, chemicals manufacturing, strategic infrastructure, water supply and waste water treatment, leather, nuclear power generation and decommissioning, and housing.
- DEFRA’s consultation on augmenting and extending the single-use bag charge in England closes.
- The Welsh Government’s consultation on the draft climate change adaptation plan for Wales closes
- The Environment Agency’s consultation on guidance for medium combustion plants (MCPs) and specified generators closes. The EU Medium Combustion Plant Directive (MCPD) 2015/2193/EU regulates the emissions of combustion plants between 1MW and 50MW, filling the regulatory gap between the EU Industrial Emissions Directive, which covers large combustion plants over 50MW, and the EU Ecodesign Directive, which regulates smaller appliances. EA’s consultation covers the permit application process in England, including charges and deadlines, and how to comply with the requirements under the Environmental Permitting (England and Wales) (Amendment) Regulations 2018 (SI 2018/110).
- New restrictions on Bis(pentabromophenyl)ether (DecaBDE) apply. EU Regulation 2017/227/EU amends Annex XVII to the EU REACH Regulation 1907/2006/EC to prohibit the use and sale of DecaBDE in concentrations 0.1% and higher from 2 March 2019, except for electrical and electronic equipment falling with the scope of the Restriction of Hazardous Substances in Electrical and Electronic Equipment (RoHS II) Directive 2011/65/EU and in specified exemptions.