- US firm announced plans to build a prototype 7.5MW turbine in Blyth in 2007 (ENDS Report 400, pp 16-17). Project has grown to 10MW.
- Awarded grants totalling almost £7m. Partners include Huddersfield-based David Brown Gear Systems.
- Did not discuss job creation.
- Korean firm plans to set up R&D centre in Renfrew, Scotland, creating 200 jobs.
- May also set up a turbine plant employing 500 people and 1,000 in the supply chain.
- Memorandum of understanding signed with Scottish Enterprise in March.