By 2010, Royal Mail has committed to:
- A 14% reduction in group-wide fleet fossil fuel usage from current levels
- A 10% reduction in building energy use from current levels
- An increase in the usage of renewable energy to 50% of total building energy use
- A 25% reduction in the quantity of containerised solid waste sent to landfill from current levels
- A 5% reduction in water use from current levels
- A "mega target" to reduce CO2 equivalent emissions from current levels. This is currently set at 5% but will be subject to revision, with the aim to make this target more "stretching".