|Employer: JSM Associates|
Salary: £28K - £36K + Significant Bens
Closing Date: 16 Jan 2021
Hours: Full Time
Function: EIA / Planning, Senior
Your role will include reporting on a day-to-day basis to the Associate Directors in Landscape Architecture [Design and Planning] and working with others in the team or multi-disciplinary project teams as required.
You will be responsible to the Director for technical and business performance, liaising with others in the environmental team as well as with other Environmental Specialists in other company offices and actively participating in networking. You will be expected to manage projects, junior staff, and helping with client development - this is an all-encompassing Senior role
You will be expected to provide specialist consultancy advice for landscape design, landscape management and landscape planning [LVIA, EIA, SEA etc.]. You will operate nationally and be able to take design projects from inception to completion. Landscape master planning, and technical delivery of projects from stages 3 and 4 to discharge reserved matters and deliver technical construction packages will be a key skill set. You will be required to understand commercial practice in landscape architecture including resourcing, fee proposals, project budgets, statutory compliance, programme and continuing professional development.
You will also be required to assist in the delivery of landscape and visual impact assessments; including landscape and visual advice and landscape design for a number of sectors including, but not limited to; Leisure, Waste, Minerals, Land and Property Development, Infrastructure Development, Energy and Utilities and Insurance Companies and will provide services including landscape planning and design, environmental co-ordination, landscape master planning, visualisation and interpretation procedures.
As a Senior Landscape Architect your brief will include:
· A minimum of 5 years’ post-graduation experience.
· A recently Chartered Landscape Architect or with 1-2 years’ experience. Or well advanced on the pathway
· Good working knowledge of AutoCAD, Adobe Creative Suite, 3D Studio Max and Sketch Up. Vector works also an advantage.
· Client lead, liaison with regulators and other external organisations, supervision of Assistant Consultant grade and Consultants [independent].
· Technical reporting and peer review of colleagues reporting. Review [independent]/Approval [independent/under supervision – on a project by project basis].
· Providing technical expertise to colleagues where they are a technical expert in their discipline [independent].
· Management of one or more Graduate/Consultant grade staff [independent].
· Project Management; prepare and issue fee proposals and supervision of Assistant Consultant and Consultant grades [independent].
· Responsibility for meeting client deadlines and expectations [independent].
· Financial management of projects through the in-house Project Information Management systems.
· Manage Assistant Consultant and Consultants grades; approval of timesheets for Assistant Consultant and Consultant grades] and regular review of progress [independent].
· Completing timesheets and project tracking sheets [independent].
· Site walkovers and access negotiation [independent].
· Risk assessments; preparation of RAMS, review RAMS of all grades [independent].
· You will need to combine the ability to develop big ideas with exceptional creative and technical execution.
· Support senior management team in business development and project bids.
· Support junior staff in their development and on pathway to Chartership where possible.
Rewards & Benefits
My client offers a highly competitive salary along with a range of exciting benefits. This is an exceptional opportunity to join an ambitious business with significant growth plans ahead. My client offers a lot of training as well as great scope for progression and reward. You will have significant input in to the growth and development of the business.
Even if you are cautiously looking, I would recommend a discreet conversation to find out more about the firm and the role.
If you are interested in finding out more about this position or similar roles currently and would like a discreet non-committal chat, please contact Jeremy Money (firstname.lastname@example.org). However, if you have not received a response within with-in one working week, please assume your application has been unsuccessful this time round. We will confidentially retain your details and inform you of any other suitable opportunities arising should you not be successful in this role.
This is one of a number of exciting positions currently available via JSM Associates. JSM offers an extensive range of jobs in the areas of Planning, CSR & Sustainability, Environmental Management, Remediation & Contaminated Land, EIA and Ecology, Geotechnics, Environmental Planning, Air Quality, Noise and Vibration Landscape.
Phone - 01934 312 155
Email - email@example.com
Website - www.jsm-associates.co.uk
Twitter - @JSMAssociates