|Employer: JSM Associates|
Location: Manchester, Birmingham, Nottingham
Salary: Up to £45K + Car Allowance & Generous Bens Package
Closing Date: 16 Jan 2021
Hours: Full Time
Function: Ecology / Conservation
Exceptional opportunity to join this highly regarded independent consultancy with significant plans for growth.
My client has an exciting opportunity for a Principal Ecologist to be based in their Nottingham, Manchester or Birmingham Office. They are looking for an individual with at least six years of proven experience within an ecological consultancy, who can demonstrate a strong technical background.
A Natural England Class 2 Bat Licence and the ability to hold EPS licences for bats is essential. Experience in carrying out assessments for BREEAM Land Use and Ecology credits, as well as Biodiversity Net Gain, is also highly desirable.
The role will provide you the opportunity to demonstrate a broad range of skills by undertaking specialist technical work, whilst working as part of a small, integrated, progressive environmental team. The majority of the role will be comprised of ecological survey work and reporting. However, it also represents an opportunity to work with the wider team to deliver growth opportunities and to build Client relationships and there will be opportunities for Business Development.
A key part of my client’s approach is the ability to deliver a high-quality service to Clients, with cost-effective and innovative solutions to ecological issues. Their work is varied and widespread supporting clients on projects both locally and throughout the UK as required and the position will involve input and management of projects across their offices.
Manchester, Birmingham, Nottingham
About the Team
The Ecology team sits within my clients Environmental Planning service line. The Ecology team is a rapidly expanding part of their environmental service offering, with involvement at all stages in the planning cycle from feasibility through to masterplanning and the discharge of conditions. Aiming to create a working environment that provides challenge, enjoyment and a real sense of satisfaction with a view to encouraging personal and professional development in all staff.
It is a great opportunity to work within a small team at a multi-disciplinary consultancy, offering numerous opportunities for cross-disciplinary collaboration to provide a better service to their clients.
You will be able to demonstrate at least 5 years’ experience of working within ecological consultancy and will be expected to hold full membership of CIEEM. The successful applicant will be able to carry out a wide range of ecological surveys and will be proficient in offering practical and cost-effective solutions to Clients. A minimum of 1 Natural England protected species Licence and the ability to hold EPS licences is essential.
Experience in undertaking assessments for BREEAM Land Use and Ecology credits and Biodiversity Net Gain is highly desirable. Experience of working on schemes dealing with Nitrogen deposition and impacts on designated sites would also be advantageous, as would experience of Public Inquiry.
As well as being able to independently undertake survey work and produce high quality written reports, the successful applicant would be expected to take responsibility for financial performance and commercial management on a wide range of projects.
My client is a seeking a candidate with the following qualities:
· Excellent communicator, both written and oral, with the ability to adapt communication style to suit different circumstances.
· Proactive approach with drive, positivity and enthusiasm and a strong desire to succeed.
· Ability to prioritise team workloads and manage resources to ensure efficient delivery of projects.
· Highly self-organised and able to deliver own and facilitate others, to deliver projects to time, quality and cost constraints.
· Commercially astute with strong and effective influencing and negotiating skills, as well as a proven ability to develop and maintain Client relationships.
· Has the skills and personality to build and develop high-performing teams in an environment that encourages individuals to fulfil their potential.
· Keen to keep learning to improve own breadth of knowledge and technical expertise.
· A Degree/Masters in Ecology or a related subject; and
· A full driving licences.
About this Opportunity
My client believes in investing in their staff and provide fantastic career opportunities. They have been recognised recently for:
· Investors in People Platinum standard
· A Sunday Times Top 100 Best companies to work for
· An NCE Top 100 Consultancy
· By joining this client your career will not conform to the traditional models of yesterday but will be a fulfilling and challenging journey into tomorrow’s digital age; a journey that you will Play an active role in defining!
· You will be able to make a difference. My client believes in positively changing the world you live in; the communities you engage with; even the development of your career and the profession.
They are on an exciting journey, why not be a part of it?
Rewards & Benefits
My client offers a highly competitive salary along with a range of exciting benefits. This is an exceptional opportunity to join an ambitious business with significant growth plans ahead.
Even if you are cautiously looking, I would recommend a discreet conversation to find out more about the firm and the role.
What My Client Can Offer You
· A competitive Salary – they benchmark all salaries against the market and review these annually.
· Holiday – 25 days holiday plus bank holidays and the option to buy extra days holiday per year to boost your entitlement.
· Life Assurance 4x salary.
· Non-contributory Pension Scheme – they will pay an Employer Contribution, even if you don’t wish to contribute yet and the contribution will increase with years’ service.
· Superb training – bespoke to you and your development needs.
· Professional Subscription – my client will make a payment for one professional subscription a year.
· Social Fund – they will pay £25 per head per quarter to have a great time socialising with your colleagues outside of the work environment.
· Health-care cash plan for all your everyday medical needs such as dentistry and optical care.
· Loyalty bonus – bonus, additional holidays, pension enhancement and sabbaticals.
· Perkbox rewards scheme - providing our people with access to a range of employee discounts and benefits.
· Cycle to Work – Get excellent rates for a new bike and accessories through our scheme.
· 1 paid day of volunteering for a company-nominated charity
· 2.5 paid days for STEM activity
If you are interested in finding out more about this position or similar roles currently and would like a discreet non-committal chat, please contact Jeremy Money (firstname.lastname@example.org). However, if you have not received a response within with-in one working week, please assume your application has been unsuccessful this time round. We will confidentially retain your details and inform you of any other suitable opportunities arising should you not be successful in this role.
This is one of a number of exciting positions currently available via JSM Associates. JSM offers an extensive range of jobs in the areas of Planning, CSR & Sustainability, Environmental Management, Remediation & Contaminated Land, EIA and Ecology, Geotechnics, Environmental Planning, Air Quality, Noise and Vibration Landscape.
Phone - 01934 312 155
Email - email@example.com
Website - www.jsm-associates.co.uk
Twitter - @JSMAssociates