|Employer: JSM Associates|
Location: London, Aberdeen, Leeds
Salary: £50K – £60K + Significant Bens
Closing Date: 16 Jan 2021
Hours: Full Time
Function: Sustainability / Sustainable Development, EIA / Planning, Senior
Sector: Consultancy, Renewable Energy
Excellent opportunity available for an experienced Environmental Consultant with a marine background with a focus on either the Oil and Gas and/or Renewables Sector. Working with this global brand, you will be working on some of the most high-profile projects both in the UK as well as overseas. You will be playing a key role within the environmental team as well as the wider business. You will have significant scope to drive and influence the team moving forwards.
My client provides environmental consultancy services and modelling software solutions. Their core capabilities include flood risk and water resource management, coastal processes and climate change adaptation, environmental regulation and compliance and TUFLOW software sales and support.
Their specialist water and environmental services include Hydrology and Flood Hydraulics; Flood Forecasting and Intelligence; Coastal and Maritime Structures; Water Quality and Sedimentation Studies; Metocean Services; and Urban Water Cycle Solutions.
They work closely with upstream oil and gas industry, delivering Environmental and Social Impact Assessment; Environmental Compliance and Permitting; Decommissioning Programmes and Scoping; Chemical Permitting; Marine Conservation and Ecosystems Management; Hydrodynamic, dispersion and particulates Modelling, Underwater Noise and Oil Spill Modelling and Impact Assessment and Environmental Due Diligence.
My client has offices in Aberdeen, Leeds and London and are currently looking to bolster their environmental and sustainability capability.
Due to their on going success and ambitious plans moving forward, they are currently looking to recruit a Principal Environmental Consultant to provide independent and original expertise, ingenuity and judgement in the offshore oil and gas and renewables fields. The Principal will act as a Project Manager or Project Director and lead a team of employees both from a team and project perspective. They will help grow the business through strategic business development, promotions and sales.
London, Aberdeen, Leeds
The Ideal Candidate Will Possess The Following Experience
· Be a recognised expert in their field with strong technical capability in marine biology, Environmental Impact Assessments of oil and gas and marine renewable energy operations, facilitation of relevant environmental studies, workshops and stakeholder engagement.
· Provide strategic and statutory environmental advice to clients in a variety of sectors.
· Build upon existing and develop new client relationships to further the Environment UK business.
· Provide technical advice, leadership and mentoring to the marine environment team.
Essential requirements for the role would be:
· A relevant bachelor's degree in biological or other relevant science and a working knowledge of environmental engineering techniques.
· Significant post-graduate experience in Oil and Gas industry or Oil and Gas consulting sector.
· Demonstrable experience in offshore renewable energy projects.
· Excellent knowledge of offshore environmental UK policy and legislation.
· Demonstrable experience in managing and writing Environmental Impact Assessments, Environmental Statements and Appraisals, and/or Strategic Environmental Assessment for offshore energy projects.
· Experience of project managing medium to large projects.
· Experience of business development, bid writing, client relationship building and key account management.
· Excellent communication skills.
· Environmental consultancy experience.
· With preparatory materials, attend public events in support of a wider client proposal, attend and monitor committee and other hearings.
Rewards & Benefits
My client offers a highly competitive salary along with a range of exciting benefits. This is an exceptional opportunity to join an ambitious business with significant growth plans ahead. My client offers a lot of training as well as great scope for progression and reward. You will have significant input in to the growth and development of the business.
Even if you are cautiously looking, I would recommend a discreet conversation to find out more about the firm and the role.
If you are interested in finding out more about this position or similar roles currently and would like a discreet non-committal chat, please contact Jeremy Money (firstname.lastname@example.org). However, if you have not received a response within with-in one working week, please assume your application has been unsuccessful this time round. We will confidentially retain your details and inform you of any other suitable opportunities arising should you not be successful in this role.
This is one of a number of exciting positions currently available via JSM Associates. JSM offers an extensive range of jobs in the areas of Planning, CSR & Sustainability, Environmental Management, Remediation & Contaminated Land, EIA and Ecology, Geotechnics, Environmental Planning, Air Quality, Noise and Vibration Landscape.
Phone - 01934 312 155
Email - email@example.com
Website - www.jsm-associates.co.uk
Twitter - @JSMAssociates