A fantastic career opportunity has arisen for a creative and driven Sustainability professional to join my client’s Sustainability Group in their Bournemouth Team. The Sustainability Group also has teams based in Manchester, Glasgow, Leeds, Birmingham, Bristol, Cambridge, Cardiff, Bournemouth, Oxford, and Plymouth that support the firm across the UK as well as their expanding international work.
As a group my client provides diverse sustainability consultancy services for a range of projects, across all sectors, promoting sustainable development, adopting an outcomes-based approach to building performance and design.
This is a rare opportunity to grow not only your own career, but the industry approach to your field of expertise as a whole.
• You’ll collaborate with the industry’s best, working in the UK’s largest building service firm with a range of specialist groups.
• You’ll be part of progressive and exciting projects, able to experience innovative schemes across all sectors.
• You’ll advance your career, in a way that suits you, due to my client’s structured Career Paths framework.
• Leading the drive towards realising net zero carbon in projects
• Leading building performance simulation and energy related workstreams, using a range of modelling approaches, tools and techniques
• Supporting the development of junior staff in the team, helping them to improve their understanding and skills in the energy simulation and building performance arena
• Developing energy strategies with our clients to lead sustainability innovation on a series of developments
• Supporting the day-to-day operations of the team
• Supporting the development of holistic Sustainability Strategies, where necessary
• Supporting the team with the completion of environmental assessments (such as BREEAM, WELL, etc), where necessary
• Working with other members of the Sustainability Group on business related research and development tasks
• As well as project-related work, the Group engages directly with industry undertaking research and development studies, and authoring industry guidance
• My client holds key positions on national design commissions and influential industry bodies
• The role also presents the opportunity for involvement in this aspect of the Group’s work to those keen to have a direct influence on the industry
Ideally You Will Have the Following
You will be expected to have experience and competence in a selection of the following fields:
• Energy and carbon strategies
• Building Regulations Part L assessments using Elmhurst and IES
• In-Use energy modelling and assessment
• Dynamic modelling for thermal comfort assessments and overheating risk assessments
• Façade performance evaluation
• Parametric environmental design assessment
• Renewable energy feasibility studies
• Sustainable master-planning and energy network assessment
• Knowledge of BREEAM and/or other environmental assessment methodologies, from pre-assessment to post-construction stage assessments
• Passvhaus – qualified PH Designer or Consultant, or a good working knowledge of the methodology
• Appreciation of broader sustainability issues, such as sustainability governance and reporting, sustainability strategies, climate change adaptation, behaviour change, etc.
• Experience working within the built environment sector.
• Already working within a sustainability or engineering consultancy, you will be looking for a new challenge within a practice at the very forefront of this field.
• You will bring expertise (with a degree in engineering/science, and experience in the field) and a passion for creating sustainable solutions.
• You will relish being part of dynamic team within a progressive and well-respected firm.
• You will have good communication skills and an enthusiasm for working within a team environment. You will be serious about sustainability.
What My Client Can Offer You
To reward your hard work and commitment, my client offers both core and flexible benefits, a competitive salary and industry leading training and development to support you throughout your career.
• Private medical scheme
• Life Assurance
• Income protection
• Car allowance and access to a wide range of lease cars
• 25 days annual leave, increasing to 30 with length of service.
• Contributory pension scheme
• Employee Assistance Programme
• Tax free childcare
• Enhanced Paternity, Maternity & Shared Parental Leave
• Season Ticket Loans
• Professional membership subscription
• Discounted BUPA health assessments
• Flexible working - my client is happy to discuss flexible working. There is no obligation to raise this at the application stage, but if you wish to do so, you are welcome to. Flexible working will be part of the discussion at offer stage
• Study Assistance
• Holiday buy & sell up to 5 days
• Cycle to work scheme
• Travel & dental insurance
• Employee retail discounts
• Sabbatical Leave
• Gym discounts
• GAYE – Give as you Earn
• Gourmet society tasting cards
• Employee Referral Scheme
Rewards & Benefits
This is an exceptional opportunity to join an ambitious business with significant growth plans ahead. My client offers a lot of training as well as great scope for progression and reward. You will have significant input into the growth and development of the business.
Even if you are cautiously looking, I would recommend a discreet conversation to find out more about the firm and the role.