Location: South East/ Central Wales
Grade & Salary: 7, £38,922 rising to £43,649 over four years
Post number: 201128, 200985
Type of contract: Permanent
Work pattern: Full time
Closing date: 10TH October 2021
Benefits: Civil Service pension, 28 days annual leave, rising to 33 days over 5 years, flexible working options, occupational health including counselling and advisory services and eye care, childcare vouchers and salary sacrifice schemes.
This is a fantastic opportunity to apply for the Industry Regulation Team Leader roles in South East Wales and South Central Wales on a permanent basis. Both roles are currently vacant, so if you have a preference then please state this in your application.
The successful applicants will manage a team of officers carrying out the regulation of industrial installations, to include Environmental Permitting Regulations (EPR) A1 installations, Control of Major Accident Hazards (COMAH) sites and Radioactive Substances Regulations (RSR) sites.
In addition, all Wales services will be provided from each team, including the permitting and regulation of UK Emissions Trading Scheme (UK ETS) and landfill regulation specialist advice.
Reporting to the Operations Manager of the relevant place, the postholder will also be expected to take on an active role in the Industry Sub-Group (reporting to the Regulatory Business Board) and incident response activities
Qualifications and Skills
- Experience of line management.
- Experience of relevant work areas.
- Coaching and mentoring skills.
- Experience of managing contentious issues and community liaison and public engagement activities.
- Strong organisational, time management and interpersonal skills.
- Good understanding of commercial business processes and pressures.
- Ability to communicate effectively with regulated business and the public, explaining complex issues and gaining support by influencing.
- Extensive knowledge and experience of regulatory processes (including enforcement) and incident management.