Company: Asesoria Ambiente Iberia SL
Team: Environmental Due Diligence
Job Title: Junior Consultant
Salary: EUR 20,000 – 23,000 (full time equivalent prorated)
Holiday Entitlement: 25 working days per year (prorated) plus Birthday and all applicable Bank Holidays.
Hours: Part-Time (20 hours a week)
Working Location: Home / Coworking in central Madrid
Reporting to: Almudena Thomas Vela (Director)
Nova Ambiente has offices in London, Cologne, Amsterdam and Madrid and operates as part of the Nova Consulting Group. We provide tailored environmental and technical assistance, and management programmes to the European real estate industry and support our Clients in meeting their sustainability commitments through provision of responsible investment tools and asset management mandates.
We pride ourselves on our close working relationships with clients and our strong reputation for technical excellence within our fields.
As employers, we recognise the value of equal employment opportunities. We offer competitive remuneration and benefits packages and strive to provide our staff with a friendly, professional, dynamic and supportive working environment, and with the opportunity to develop and enhance their careers.
We are looking for a confident and ambitious graduate with a degree in an environmental or related discipline.
The role will primarily be within the Environmental Due Diligence team, potentially with opportunities to undertake Environmental Management and other work, as required.
The key aspects of the role are as follows:
- To support principal consultants with the day-to-day EDD and EM operations.
- To undertake environmental site inspection and produce timely and accurate EDD reports, based upon a number of sources of available information (training provided), for industrial / commercial / residential assets located across Spain.
- Assist with the collation, ordering and tracking of data and reports.
- Complete EDD desk studies including the review of data rooms, historical map information, environmental sensitivity, third party public databases, and Local Authority consultation for industrial portfolios and single sites.
SKILLS / EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- A degree in an environmental discipline or relevant field.
- A broad understanding of environmental assessments, with a focus on contaminated land assessment (including conceptual site models and qualitative / quantitative risk assessment).
- Advanced Word and Excel skills and general IT confidence.
- Excellent attention to detail and written English, and the ability to produce concise, accurate and interpretive reports.
- A confident personality and good interpersonal skills.
- Experience in conducting Environmental Due Diligence and experience in ESG audits would be valued.
- Valid driving license.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Reviewing and interpreting data (historical mapping, geological mapping, hydrogeological / hydrological information, third-party databases, regulatory authority information etc).
- Setting up of reporting templates, project folders and contracts
- Writing reports.
- Administration of Ambio, a web-based Environmental Management platform.
- Fieldwork and skills in environmental-related legislation / reviewing environmental documentation.
- Flexibility in travel and working away from home for limited periods.
- SPECIAL WORKING CONDITIONS
- The role will primarily be based in the Madrid office, with some home working available following an initial training period. Travel for site visits will be required. Immediate availability.
- Candidates must be educated to at least Bachelor’s Degree standard in a relevant field and have a valid right to work in Spain.
- Candidates are required to provide a current CV, proof of fluent English skills, and professional references.
- Private medical and healthcare scheme.
- Professional training and support.
How to apply – Please send CVs and covering letters to - email@example.com