The Confederation of Paper Industries (CPI) is the leading trade association representing the UK’s Paper-based Industries, comprising paper and board manufacturers and converters, corrugated packaging producers, makers of soft tissue papers, and collectors of paper for recycling.
This is an exciting opportunity with CPI to help drive the decarbonisation effort for the UK’s Paper-based Industries.
- Advise members on CCA matters. Co-ordinate & deliver mill and sector obligations under CCA legislation
- Engage with BEIS & regulators as appropriate
- Advise members on UK ETS matters. Co-ordinate annual verification and reporting by mills. Engage with BEIS & regulators as appropriate
- Act as required in any other energy policy areas (e.g. ESOS, CHPQA, MCPD, IED, SECR) as issues arise
- Act as required on any technical energy issues (e.g. CHP, boilers, other combustion plants) as issues arise
- Manage CCA energy database and associated contractors.
Key skills and experience required
- Familiarity with Climate Change Agreements, UK ETS and other energy compensation and exemption schemes, including data submission and verification
- Knowledge of Ofgem and network charging for large industrial users
- Experience in creating and using large complex data sets in Excel and other software packages
- Knowledge of papermaking, downstream processing or operations within a similar process industry
- Technically literate, numerate and comfortable dealing with process industry issues.