People & Places Officer
Closing date: 11 October 2022
Location: Flexible within North East
Salary: £27,003 - £30,688 (Grade 4)
Contract type: Permanent
Work pattern: 37 hours
Post number: 202551
Are you informed and passionate about the environment in Wales? Do you enjoy supporting and working collaboratively with a wide range of people? If so, then we’ve got the job for you!
Through the Environment (Wales) Act, Natural Resources Wales has a new duty to pursue the sustainable management of natural resources (SMNR). Under the Act, NRW is also required to provide Area Statements that set out the natural resources in an area, the benefits they provide, and the priorities, risks and opportunities that need to be addressed.
We are looking for an enthusiastic and organised team player to be part of a place-based team helping to work with North East Operations and external stakeholders and communities, to deliver the North East Wales first Area Statement.
Knowledge and experience of the following:
- A working knowledge of environment management, agriculture, fisheries, conservation, forestry, water or biodiversity.
- An understanding of the sustainable management of natural resources, Area Statements and Public Service Boards.
- Strong and effective self-management and organisational skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively with internal and external customers and partners, explaining issues and gaining support by influencing.
- You will have experience or understanding of using GIS and Excel. Ability to work well as part of a team.
- Current full UK valid licence to drive NRW fleet vehicles (cars and vans).
This role will offer a range of benefits, including:
- agile and flexible working (role dependent)
- Civil Service Pension Scheme offering employer contributions of 26.6% to 30.3%
- 28 days annual leave, rising to 33 days
- generous leave entitlements for all your life needs
- health and wellbeing benefits and support
- weekly well-being hour to use at your choice
- competitive financial rewards to enhance your monthly pay