If so, join EDF as an Environmental Compliance Lead, and you’ll join one of the most exciting and ambitious projects within EDF.
At Hinkley Point C (HPC), we are building two new nuclear reactors, the first in a new generation of nuclear power stations in the UK.
Marking a significant milestone in the revitalisation of our nuclear power industry, HPC will make a major contribution to the UK’s move to reduce carbon emissions. The electricity generated by its two EPR reactors will offset 9 million tonnes of carbon dioxide emissions a year and will help Britain achieve Net Zero and protect the environment from the threat of climate change.
Our Environmental Compliance Team is responsible for providing assurance oversight of the construction, installation and commissioning of HPC, including ensuring that the phases are conducted in compliance with all relevant environmental legislation.
As an Environmental Compliance Lead, you will support the delivery of consents, licences and permits required for the HPC construction project.
This is an excellent opportunity for someone with a working understanding of the environmental permitting process to join an exciting and complex infrastructure project. Without nuclear, Britain won’t kick the fossil fuel dependency.
Pay, benefits and culture…
Alongside a salary of circa £55,000, we’re dedicated to offering flexible benefits that support our people across all aspects of their lives and we’re delighted to offer a range of benefits to support our employees’ physical, emotional and financial wellbeing.
We offer a market-leading company pension scheme, paid holidays and a range of flexible benefits, such as: a company incentive bonus plan, cycle to work scheme, discounts and employee pricing.
At EDF, everyone’s welcome. We strive to create an inclusive and diverse environment where everyone has a voice and where you feel confident being yourself. We’re committed to equality, diversity and inclusion. We’d like our future workforce to have an equal gender balance, represent a broad mix of people from minority ethnic backgrounds, LGBTQ+, those with a disability and supporting social mobility.
We’re a disability confident employer and we’ll do all we can to help with your application, making adjustments as you need.
We’ll value the difference you bring and offer opportunities for you to thrive and succeed
What you’ll be doing…
As an Environmental Compliance Lead, your responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
• Leading and supporting internal audits in accordance with the Design Command Centre Environment Team Internal Audit / Self-assessment programme.
• Assisting and/or leading with securing new and revised environmental permits and consents to support the HPC construction schedule.
• Supporting specific site activities as agreed with the Site Command Centre Environment Team through the provision of advice, development of written arrangements and assessment of performance / compliance. This will involve visits to the HPC construction site and associated development sites.
• Working alongside, and bringing environmental expertise to, construction teams as part of a multi-disciplinary team working on complex projects.
• Proactively engaging and working with relevant regulators as required.
Who you are…
Your background may include some of the following:
• Knowledge of environmental legislation, standards and good practice guidance with experience of working with and building strong relationships with regulatory bodies such as the EA and ONR.
• Experienced in the implementation and monitoring of environmental compliance within a relevant sector.
• Experience in securing and maintaining environmental permits.
• Experienced in leading environmental audits and investigations with a recognised qualification.
• Experience in the application of an ISO14001:2015 accredited EMS.
Join us and together we can help Britain achieve Net Zero.
Closing Date: 20th December 2022.