If so, join EDF as an Environmental Arrangements Specialist, and you’ll join one of the most exciting and ambitious projects within EDF.
At Hinkley Point C (HPC), we are building two new nuclear reactors, the first in a new generation of nuclear power stations in the UK.
HPC’s reliable low-carbon electricity will help Britain achieve Net Zero and protect the environment from the threat of climate change. It is an essential part of a mix with wind and solar that will allow Britain to electrify its transport, homes and businesses without depending on fossil fuels.
Our Environment Team is part of the Safety and Regulation Directorate within EDF Energy’s Nuclear New Build programme, working on the Hinkley Point C project.
As an Environmental Arrangements Specialist, you will be responsible for working closely with other teams across the business to further develop, maintain and support the implementation of the environmental management system alongside other health, safety and quality systems to deliver an effective integrated management system.
This is an excellent opportunity for you to join a diverse and complex environment, managing a significant environmental infrastructure project. Without nuclear, Britain won’t kick the fossil fuel dependency.
Pay, benefits and culture…
Alongside a salary of £40,000 - £50,000, we’re dedicated to offering flexible benefits that support our people across all aspects of their lives and we’re delighted to offer a range of benefits to support our employees’ physical, emotional and financial wellbeing.
We offer a market-leading company pension scheme, paid holidays and a range of flexible benefits, such as: a company incentive bonus plan, cycle to work scheme, discounts and employee pricing.
At EDF, everyone’s welcome. We strive to create an inclusive and diverse environment where everyone has a voice and where you feel confident being yourself. We’re committed to equality, diversity and inclusion. We’d like our future workforce to have an equal gender balance, represent a broad mix of people from minority ethnic backgrounds, LGBTQ+, those with a disability and supporting social mobility.
We’re a disability confident employer and we’ll do all we can to help with your application, making adjustments as you need.
We’ll value the difference you bring and offer opportunities for you to thrive and succeed
What you’ll be doing…
• Driving the development of compliance arrangements and the development of a “compliance and beyond compliance” culture within the organisation especially with a consideration of operational requirements.
• Supporting further development and driving implementation of the Environmental Management System (as part of the integrated management system) for NNB GenCo.
• Supporting the processes for self-assessments / internal audits and independent assessments (including internal and external audits and assessment of suppliers) within NNB GenCo, if required by liaising with the teams in Construction Support and the Safety Directorate.
• Advising and inputting into supply chain activities (review of Pre-Qualification Questionnaire and Invitation To Tender environmental requirements, development of contract specific environmental and sustainability appendices, review of tender submissions), where necessary taking the lead as the interface between the Environment Team and the Procurement / Construction Teams.
• Supporting the transfer of work packs to the construction site for implementation with appropriate documentation and checks / balances;
Who you are…
Your background may include some of the following:
• Experience of management systems, auditing and assessments in the context of the nuclear industry, including compliance with Environmental Permit and/or nuclear site licence requirements, would be an advantage.
• Experience in building, implementing and maintaining all aspects of a high quality environmental management system conforming to recognised standards (ISO14001:2015) within a developing organisation.
• A good understanding of the implementation and embedding of management arrangements.
• Broad working knowledge of environmental legislation.
• Good understanding of environmental aspects and risk assessment.
Join us and together we can help Britain achieve Net Zero.