Carbon Permitting Lead Specialist Advisor
Salary: £41,150 - £46,147 (Grade 7)
Contract type: Permanent
Work pattern: Full time, 37 hours
Post number: 201584
This role sits within the Industry and Waste Regulation / Carbon permitting team dealing with a range of permit applications, compliance and enforcement related carbon trading schemes. We’re looking for a hard-working individual to join a busy team.
If you have experience of managing a process and working to deadlines, if you’re a team player, have a high level of administrative and analytical skills and can evaluate complex applications we would welcome your application. You are expected to have knowledge of greenhouse gas emissions trading scheme permits, policy and legislation, ETSWAP system, compliance and enforcement procedures and a record of dealing with the industry and using a variety of software packages or databases.
1. Substantial experience of managing the assessment of highly complex, politically sensitive UK Emission Trading Scheme permit applications, including interaction with government organisations and members of the public, within your specialised area.
2. Substantial working knowledge of the technologies used and the environmental protection methodologies relevant to the UK Emissions Trading Scheme, Energy Saving Opportunity Scheme.
3. Advanced and specialist understanding of specific legislation and associated Directives and how they relate to the permitting process.
4. Proven coaching and mentoring skills.
5. Strong customer focussed approach to delivery.
6. You will be expected to keep up to date with changing regulatory policy and proposed changes to legislation via membership of a relevant professional body or other equivalent means.
• Agile and flexible working
• Civil Service Pension Scheme offering employer contributions of 26.6% to 30.3%
• 28 days annual leave, rising to 33 days
• Generous leave entitlements for all your life needs
• Health and wellbeing benefits and support
• Weekly well-being hour to use as you choose