Contract Type: Fixed Term Appointment until 31 March 2025
The post holder will be the responsible for collecting and managing the data collected as part of the Landfill Emissions Reduction Project. The project will comprise of a small team looking at identifying and addressing areas where improvements in operations can reduce the amount of landfill gas released into the atmosphere.
This will include a programme to gather previously uncollected data from all landfill operators to help deliver Welsh Governments Net Zero ambitions.
Landfills contribute around 2% of all Carbon emissions in Wales, and this project aims to make significant reductions to these emissions.
The primary purpose of this role is to gather information and data from all landfill operators to ensure we have an accurate picture of performance across the sector. This will include liaison with operation landfill sites, and with sites which may have been closed for a number of years. Whilst the role is focused on data collection from these sites, it will require the post holder to liaise directly and regularly with site operators to help them understand why the collection of this data is so important.
The post holder will also assist others within the team in the collection and interpretation of monitoring data relating to the sites, to help inform areas for further investigation.
The project offers an opportunity to make a real reduction in Wales’ Carbon emissions, and the collection and management of this data is vital to delivering the project aims. As well as reducing Carbon emissions, the data collected as part of this project will help inform Welsh Governments policies for delivering Net Zero in the sector.
Knowledge and experience of the following:
1. You will have a degree level qualification in a relevant subject area or the equivalent level of knowledge.
2. You will have subject matter expertise within a defined area that enables you to provide guidance to others.
3. You may not be a subject matter expert in all areas but will have a sound understanding and appreciation of the work of the wider function.
4. You will have good literacy, numeracy and communication skills including well developed customer facing skills.
5. You will have analytical skills that enables you to process and analyse technical information.
6. You will have good inter-personal and influencing skills and able develop and sustain good working relationships.
7. You will, ideally, have previous supervisory experience.
This role will offer a range of benefits, including:
• Agile and Flexible Working (role dependent)
• Civil Service Pension Scheme offering employer contributions of 26.6% to 30.3%
• 28 days Annual Leave, rising to 33 days
• Generous Leave Entitlements for all your life needs
• Health and Wellbeing Benefits and Support
• Weekly Well-being Hour to use at your choice